For our upcoming 2021-2022 season, Element Dance Company will be accepting video audition submissions for our Competitive Dance Companies. These auditions are for dancers who are not already on a competitive Company but wish to join. See below for details on how to film your video! *Submissions are accepted pending available space, please contact our office for more information on late auditions.
Audition Videos can be sent to Brittney@Elementdancestudio.ca.
Have fun with it! Relax, it’s a placement audition and there’s no need to stress. We understand that you will be shooting from home or sometimes in confined spaces. No problem! Do your best to capture your entire body, and try to use a well lit area if possible.
Wondering what to wear? Activewear is perfect! Leggings, tshirts, shorts, and leotards all work.
Things we would like to see in your video:
We encourage you to add any other moves that you would like to demonstrate; Please note – if you don’t know what the terminology is, that’s fine! You don’t need to do the move):
- Turns (pirouettes, chaînés, Inter/Adv dancers: fouetté, a la seconde)
- Jumps/Leaps (jetés, arabesque, stag, Inter/Adv dancers: calypso)
- Flexibility (splits on all sides and centre,
- Hip Hop Combination (previous choreography you have done is fine)
- Jazz and/or Lyrical and/or Contemporary Combination (previous choreography you have done is fine)
- Advanced dancers: Improvisation (preferably Contemporary)
Again, we realize that space may be limited, and doing these things to the best of your ability in the space you have available is all we are looking for!
We can’t wait to see your videos!